Friday, February 8, 2013

Who is the Bean?

The Bean is my son, who sits beside me now playing a silly game on the iPad that he's currently addicted to. The Bean is my life, despite the fact that a woman is not supposed to make her children her identity. The Bean is a boy I waited forever to meet, and now that he's here I spend every moment possible with him, even if it sometimes drives me crazy.

The Bean is four years old, on the verge of reading, obsessed with numbers, fanatical about superheroes, skilled with Lego Duplos. The Bean doesn't go to preschool like other children his age. He won't be registered for kindergarten this fall along with his best buddy. He doesn't have timeouts. His parents don't count 1 - 2 - 3 at him when he does something they don't like. He doesn't know what a spanking is, and he will never experience one. The Bean is cherished every moment, even when his mommy and daddy are frustrated. He is loved unconditionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment